Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My eyes....

....they are a-burnin'!

Why? Could be this.


This is the view from my house, which you've seen before. Do you see the lovely mountain in the background? No? Oh, well, maybe that's a storm blowing in, covering it up.

No? No. It's smoke. From California. Yep, it's made it's way all the way to the Western Slope of Colorado. My eyes and sinuses are in full protest.

If it's so bad here, I can only imagine what it's like there. You all are in my prayers.

And speaking of prayers, Fella called again last night, and we actually got into a religious discussion. It's normally a topic I avoid, like politics, but we seem to fall along the same lines. And I figure it can't hurt to be sure his Presbyterian butt knows that Mormons are Christians. You never know what kind of poppycock anti-Mormon crap he's heard.

Oh "poppycock crap" reminds me, guess who kept calling while I was out with Fella on Saturday? Yep, my ex. And Old BF. Did they sync their watches or something? They have a distinctive ring, though, so I can just reach over and turn it off without needing to look at who it is.

The ringer? Nickelback's "I Should've Listened."

7 comments:

Lady Latte said...

I love the possibilites with choosing various ringers for different people. When my husband calls my Cellphone goes: "Wanna be your lover, let me be your lover".

I love it!

D-HOR said...

That's just scary. Holy damn (the smoke I mean)

Mormans are Christians? Where do you guys stand on Jesus? (not being an ass, just curious)

darth sardonic said...

damn, us mormons are everywhere. yes, yes it is true. your angry, foul-mouthed, gin-swilling humble narrator is also mormon. clearly, a fallen-by-the-wayside-and-perfectly-ok-with-that mormon, but mormon nonetheless. (i had suspected for some time, lol)

and hor, mormons believe that jesus is the christ, saviour of the world, and our only way to return to heaven is through him.

sorry, got long-winded.

Glitterstim said...

Hey pals :o) Sorry to be so lax! I'm at the conference in Utah and having a BALL!! I'll blog soon....it's been really eventful.

Lady Latte: That's hysterical! I love it!

Hor-gal: Darthy is exactly right. We believe that Jesus Christ is our Savior, the only Begotten of our Heavenly Father, the Redeemer. And it's okay to ask anything you like! I'll answer as best I can.

Darth: Hey, I had thought so!! There were a couple of things you said that made me wonder. And you can tell that I'm not Molly Mormon over here myself.

Sassy Blondie said...

I'm heading to CO for a long and much-deserved break over Thanksgiving...here's hoping Denver stays clear.

Glad you are having fun in Utah!

Glitterstim said...

Enjoy Colorado, Sassy! It's my first winter here, so I don't know how Denver gets. I've been told ours isn't bad until after Thanksgiving.

Had way too much fun in Utah.... That will be a lengthy blog. And I'm still worn out from it!

;o) BJ

D-HOR said...

Darth and Blogget - Honest to Goodness I had no idea, I thought you all, well lets just nevermind. I really need to read that dang religions of the world book I bought. Crap. But HEY!! I'm happy we're on the same page, that's cool go-Jesus. Okkaayyyy I'm just gonna stop before I get toooo weird.

Oo! Denver in the winter isn't so bad at all! They're so used to the snow that they REALLY know how to handle it. When I was driving truck in the winter Denver was one of the better places to go through :)