Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Hmpf

Let's check the clock, shall we?

Boyfriend declared he was turning over a new leaf at about 3:00 Sunday afternoon. Then, he called about 10:00 last night. By 10:30, I'd had enough and hung up on him. It took about 55 hours for him to be rotten and snotty to me. I don't tolerate being treated like an idiot. I get absolutely effing furious. You'd think after having known me for over six years, ge'd grab a clue about that, too.

So, what was his problem, you might wonder? He has a lot to do today and he has to leave town on Christmas Eve. So, instead of creating a "To Do" list like a reasonable person, he calls me, lists it all, gets stressed out, and takes it out on me. I'm sure it made him feel so much more in control to make me feel like an idiot, with his "Uhm, yeah, I know" and "Of course." Or rather, to try to make me feel like an idiot. All it did was make me mad.

And sad. I really believed the new leaf was being turned. That really was stupid of me.

It goes deeper than the rotten tone he had, though. For reasons too ridiculous to waste the typing on, we get to talk for only a few minutes each evening. It's supposed to be a time to touch base, see how our days went, and share news. Last night, he wanted to spend that time listing his errands and being awful to me. He never asked, never cared what happened in my day. List, list, list, rude, rude, rude, goodnight, bye.

And I had news last night. I was excited to share it with him and discuss it. I was looking forward to that give and take. As it turned out, all he wanted was a verbal punching bag.

Right before my phone battery gave out, he apologized and started comparing talking to me to talking to his neighbor friend. Then go talk to your neighbor, bud. I've met him. You two can be rude to each other all night. Delightful.

2 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

UGh,I'm sorry:(
I hope your today is better!


Thanks very much:) I love to help my kids learn and it comes easy and naturally to me. We're very curious too,sometimes TOO curious,lol

I'm impressed that you are able to make the school/teachers work for you.Kudos!

Glitterstim said...

Haha! I know what you mean by "too curious"! How interesting it must be to be their teacher AND mom! Such fun.

I'm trying to come up with fun and useful things to do with my nieces and nephews over the holiday. They don't get a lot of parental interaction, so I really like to show them new things when we visit. It's so much fun watching that light bulb come on for a kid!

You'll be happy to know I just got a call from that teacher. I contacted the principal and he actually lit a fire under her! Know what she said? "I sent you an email the other day. You didn't get it?" Ha! As if she did. Turns out, my little darlin' is caught up and has returned to an A average. Whew.

And a good time was had by all! :o)