Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It gets funnier....

So Drama Queen finally saw Son's car. His current pride and joy, mind you. When I heard she was coming to see it, I got a very specific picture in my head of her standing beside the car, arms folded, scowl firmly in place, making snide comments. Sucking the fun out of it for him.

Last night, my sister described the scene for me. DQ stood beside the car, arms folded, scowl firmly in place, making snide comments. I was wrong on one point. She did not suck the fun out of it for him. He sat in the car, revving the engine, goofy grin across his face. In absolute heaven.

As DQ stood there, she said, through curled lips, "It's so out-dated."

Hello? It's a 1968 Thunderbird. 1968 Thunderbird! How much of the point of "classic car" can you miss? Yoo-hoo!

I find this nearly as hysterical as "Does it have side curtain air bags?" Count your blessings that it has seat belts, sweetheart.

So, she declares it's out-dated. What does Son do? Revvv...revvv..... Grin.

"Oh good," she sneers. "It's loud, too."

More grinning from Son. See, in testosterone language, she just complimented his car.

He loves it so much, he got a haircut so he can find a job. He went from hippy to yuppy in about 15 minutes. This is love.

It's like I told my sister last night -- in life, you pick your battles. DQ might have just picked the hill she dies on.

2 comments:

Walker said...

It has to be loud to drown out her voice HA HA HA!!

Happy Forth Of July

Glitterstim said...

LOOL See? Doesn't this make you want to marry the girl? Ugh.