Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Getting to know you, Getting to know all about you...."

Or so the song goes. I feel like I'm finally getting to know all about Jacob.  I've had this feeling for so long that there was a secret.  And I hate, hate, hate hidden things.  They scare me because I have no way of preparing for them or combating what happens behind my back.  I've had my fill of things happening behind my back.

The funny thing is that I keep lingerie in Jacob's closet.  So, I've been in there.  I just never turned around, or I would have seen the rack of women's shoes.  He prefers higher heels than I can wear in practical situations.  I mean, he's 5'6". I'm 5'9".  Too much of a heel makes me an Amazon.

So, one afternoon, we're lounging around on the bed in silky bathrobes.  Well, mine's like a kimono.  We'd just finished looking through the closet.  He'd asked me to come try on shoes.  Did I mention we were the exact same size?  Anyhow, I'd kept a pair on that was particularly comfortable and flattering on my foot.

"Would you find it off-putting if we went shopping together some time?" he asked.

I thought about it.  "No, I wouldn't," I said.  "Sounds like it could be fun."

"We could go shoe shopping," he said, grinning at me.

"Yes, we could," I said.  We'd talked about this.  He can't try on shoes in public without drawing stares.  So, if he saw something he found appealing, I could try them on and see how it fit.  And I could borrow, too.

"See, you get a two-for-one here," he said.  "A boyfriend and gal-pal, all in one!"  I laughed.  His face changed.  "Are you sure this doesn't weird you out?"

I paused and did a quick internal check.  "Nope, not weirded out," I said.

He smiled his wanton smile.  "So, then is it weird that I find it really hot that you're laying here with me, wearing my heels?"

"What? Like I'd be bothered that something I'm doing is turning you on?  Heaven forbid!"

That was a good afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, may have hit the jackpot! Shopping buddy, someone to share clothes and shoes with, and someone you can break the bed with? Win, win, and WIN!