Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Diving In

They say it's the things you don't do that you truly regret.  Let's put that to the test.

I've booked a trip to England.  I will leave little ol' Colorado and charge headlong into international travel on October 24th.  And I'll putter around the Yorkshire for two weeks.  I might even venture into Scotland!

I'd been hesitating to make reservations, in case something went wrong.  Then, I told myself, "Blogget, is that any way to show you have faith?  To trust in that higher power you're trying to reconcile with?"  So, I took the leap off the high dive.  I'm holding on to the faith that some almighty hands will catch me.

My passport is ordered and everything.  I've never needed one before.  I went to Canada once, back when you could cross that border with just a photo I.D. and birth certificate.  Now, I have a few more things to figure out.  Like currency.  I need to learn about British money and how to know what I'm paying, and how to make change.

And trains.  I'm going to take a train from London to Yorkshire.  How to do get from Heathrow to King's Cross Station?  Follow the boy carrying the owl? ;o)

Adventure is afoot! And dare I say…romance?

2 comments:

e jerry said...

If nothing else, it'll be a fun trip.

Blogget Jones said...

That's kind of how I'm looking at it! I'll get to see things that I've always wanted to see. :o)